payITfwd: Paying IT Forward through Smart Acts!10:30 AM
It becomes a human nature to all Filipino to do good by helping other like neighbors or the community or extending hands to those who are needy. I guess, this is how the moral DNA of us works. Yesterday -June 26, 2013 at 10am, together with the SOCCSKSARGEN Bloggers, we got an invite from the Senior Public Affair Officer of SMART Communications Inc. in Mindanao - Ms. Haydee Bernabe for a program briefing in relation to their new and very noble advocacy, the "payITfwd" campaign. The objective of the meet up is to find people or organizations that are doing social good as well as encourage others to do the same.
payITfwd (Paying IT Forward) verb: to spread good deeds through technology.
Wireless leader Smart Communications, Inc. is giving these acts of kindness a further boost by way of payITfwd, a new social development initiative that aims to enable the spread of social good acts or "smart acts" using technology. Through payITfwd, Smart is looking for individuals or groups that are doing community-based projects that expand knowledge in various fields such as education, environment, disaster preparedness, health, livelihood and sports.
“The goal is to support, promote, expand, enhance, reward and enable social good efforts that foster learning through technology. With payITfwd, social good advocates can scale up and even encourage the public to support their cause,” says Ramon Isberto, head of Smart’s Public Affairs Group.
Entries must be submitted in a video format showing an overview of the project, its impact to the recipient community, and how technology can enable the project or further spread its benefits. Smart will “payITfwd” by giving away five tablets, Smart Bro load worth P3,000, Smart Bro Pocket Wi-Fi, and cash prize worth P50,000 to 20 teams with the best projects this year.
“If you have something good to share, then share it. I believe that it is our social responsibility to share what we know, what we have, and what we can do for other people. It does not matter how small or big it is, what matters most is that you sincerely share yourself with others because your story, your words, your actions, your donations, your small act of kindness may become someone’s inspiration and may change someone’s life completely,” Rey Bufi of The Storytelling Project (TSP) says.
SOCCSKSARGEN Bloggers together with people from SMART Communications Inc. – Ms. Michelle Bayhonan and the Senior Public Affair Officer in Mindanao – Ms. Haydee Bernabe. Photo credit to Ms. Liezl Oberio – Sox Blogger.
WHO CAN JOIN:
- The Program is open to all individuals or groups that have programs or projects on social good which have the potential to bring more benefits to the communities with the help of technology
- Foundations, Corporates with CSR programs or NGOs are no longer eligible
- Employees of SMART Communications, including their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the competition
HOW TO JOIN:
3 Easy Steps!
- Make a 3-minute video that shows who you are, what your mission or goal is, what your project is all about, who your stakeholders are, the impact of your project on the community, future plans and how technology can help you achieve these. In a nutshell, tell us the good deeds you have done and how technology will allow you to do more of it.
- Register online at www.smart.com.ph/payitforward and upload your video.
- Promote your project or video. Get as many people as you can to vote for your entry online! Note that votes form part of the judging criteria so get your family and friends involved. Wait for the winners to be announced at www.smart.com.ph/payitforward.
Complete mechanics found at www.smart.com.ph/payITfwd